Making My Rented Room a Home

Hi all, so as you may or may not know, I recently moved house and I have been spending my free moments settling in, making friends and decorating my room. I honestly can't explain how happy and at-home I already feel! I'm glad to report that all of my housemates are really friendly and we've been spending lots of time chilling and hanging out together. The house has a really fab open-plan kitchen and living room so it's often the social hub where at least 2 people minimum can always be found; so there's no lack of company thats's for sure!


I have had quite a few requests to see my bedroom so I thought that I would share a few before and after pics with you. It is quite a student-y looking room but I've tried my best to really make it cosy and feel like home. I don't know about you, but I am someone whose mood is very much affected by their surronding atmosphere and environment - it has to be light, bright, cosy, homely and calming otherwise I'll feel really down, unmotivated and grumpy.
Now I don't mean all of this to sound demanding or princessy or that if my space doesn't look exactly how I want then I won't be happy...it's more something that I genuinely can't control. If a space is quite dark, undecorated or cold then my mood instantly drops and I can become quite onedge and irritable. With this in mind, when decorating I made sure to turn my room into a space where I would instantly feel happy and at-home as soon as I walk in the door.

Before
After

Before
After


Before
After



What do ya think?

- S xo








Comments

Popular Posts