Summer Sangria ice-lollies


If you're anything like me then you'll know that on sunny summery days there is honestly nothing better than putting your feet up with an ice cold fruity beverage. My particual Summer favourites are pear cider and Sangria. Unfortunately, I have no holidays to Spain lined up to go and enjoy the real thing but on a recent trip to my local Aldi I did happen to find a bottle of ready made Sangria for only £2.99. Yes, it's not as good as what you would get on holiday in other European countries but it's the best that the UK has to offer and I'm willing to accept that.


If you didn't know, we are currently experiencing a heatwave here in the UK and due to that I have been rapidly devouring boxes of ice-lollies to try and stay cool. I recently ran out however, and too hot and bothered to go to the shop, I decided to get creative. The outcome: Sangria ice-lollies!


They're tasty, refreshing, kind of healthy from the little bites of fresh fruit sprinkled in there *wink wink* and also just really pretty to look at. These would deffo make for an exciting addition to any BBQ this summer...or just as a yummy treat after a hard days work!


You will need:
  • Ready made Sangria or if you'd like to make your own, why not try this easy recipe?
  • Fruit juice if you want to add an extra fruity flavour and colour to your lollies (I used apple and mango juice which was tasty)
  • Choice of fruit - I used peaches and raspberries which worked quite well
  • Lollipop mould (I bought mine from Poundland)
  • Lollipop sticks (Also bought from Poundland)
To do:
  1. Start by chopping up your fruit into bitesize pieces and popping it into the lolly moulds
  2. Pour your sangria into each mould filling them to the top
  3. If you want to add juice I reccomend pouring that in first, filling the mould about 1/4 and then filling the remaining 3/4 with sangria
  4. Pop a lollipop stick into each mould
  5. Allow to set in the freezer for a few hours or overnight

Then, all that's left to do is pop them out of the moulds, sit back, relax and enjoy!

- S xo

Comments

Popular Posts