Tasty wee breakfast bowl




I feel like "bowl food", which is essentially just full meals in bowls, are such an on trend thing at the moment and I'm not gonna lie, I'm totally here for it! There are honestly so many types of food bowls out there these days, for example you've got smoothie bowls, acai bowls, buddha bowls, burrito bowls, seafood bowls, salad bowls and much much more. As I'm writing this I can hear my mum's quizzical voice in the back of my head asking "what's the difference to just having the food on a plate?" and honestly, I think part of the reason for this growing trend is because of Instagram. Everyone loves a good foodie insta pic every now and then (me included) and having your meal beautifully presented in a neat little bowl just adds to the Instagram aesthetic value.



My favourite type of food is breakfast food...however, I don't mean the rushed piece of bland toast or stale bowl of cereal that I stuff into myself before rushing into work. I mean the lazy-day kind of breakfast foods that you can indulge in like a fluffy stack of pancakes with bacon and maple syrup or a fresh and healthy fruit salad with greek yoghurt and home-made granola.

Jumping on the food bowl obsession I've become a fan of a healthy hearty breakfast bowl! They're so easy and fun to make and they genuinely do encourage me to eat more of a healthy balanced meal. You could obviously make one full of bacon, sausage, fried mushrooms and other unhealthy breakfast foods but I choose to stay on the healthier path...along with the fact that I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of cooking all those things and then battling with the greasy pans afterwards haha.


My particular favourite ingredients to include in my breakfast bowls recently have been eggs (scrambled, boiled or poached), avocado, tomatoes and roasted sweet potato all finished off with a sprinkling of salt, pepper and paprika. So easy to throw together and so delicious to eat, not to mention filling! One of these can easily last me until lunchtime, if not a bit later. 


Honestly, who doesn't want to start their day off with something healthy, satisfying and most importantly; instagrammable?! 
(I'm kidding of course, don't let Instagram take over your life haha)

- S xo

Comments

Popular Posts