Catch-ups, cocktails and vegan pizza at The Brooklyn Social




Now, this post today is a little different to my others, but I'm uber excited to share it with you guys and I really hope you like it! 

On Tuesday, I was invited along with two good friends of mine, Sarah Jane (Wee Vegan) and Nelly (Vegan Nellyy), to The Brooklyn Social, a cocktail bar and restaurant in Derby, to sample their new range of vegan and vegetarian pizzas! Now I'm personally not vegan or vegetarian but let me tell you, I would still 100% order anything off of the menu here and love it!




Being honest, I started this particular evening by rushing in straight from the bus after being at a work meeting in Nottingham all day and I was definitely feeling a little tired and spacey to say the least. After some hugs and hellos from the girls and a cocktail placed in my hand though, I soon felt relaxed and a lot more at ease ready for the evenings fun. The Brooklyn Social has such a chilled and laid back vibe that I honestly don't think anyone could stay stressed out here - you can definitely leave your worries at the door and enjoy your time indulging in delicious food and tasty cocktails.

I've been to The Brooklyn Social a few times before, always for cocktails, so I knew that on my visit on Tuesday I wouldn't be disappointed. Their menu includes the classics of course, like long island iced tea and various martinis, however, if you're feeling a little more playful and adventurous then I reccomend choosing one of their slightly more whimsical drinks that play off of childhood nostalgia with an adult twist. My usual beverage of choice always used to be the Cherry Chapstick which was delightfully topped with cherry sweets, however, on my recent visit I decided to try one of their newest concoctions with had the addition of candyfloss! Of course you can simply eat the candyfloss on its own...orrr you can pop it into your drink, watch it dissolve and magically change the colour of your cocktail! Exciting right? Novelties aside, these drinks really are genuinely delicious, decently sized and very affordable; I highly recommend!




After a little while of sipping on our cocktails, snapping lots of photos of the decor and chatting to the staff, we ordered our food and within no time at all, we were presented with big plates of yummy goodness! I tucked into a veggie pizza that was topped with goats cheese and squash, whilst SJ and Nelly shared a vegan gluten free pizza and pizza topped sweet potato fries! We were all amazed by these dishes because you honestly wouldn't think that they were vegan at all - SJ even asked to see the packet of vegan cheese that they used just to doubly make sure we weren't being fooled haha (and we weren't).



Again, like the cocktails, the food was genuinely delicious and very satisfying -  I couldn't even finish my pizza so had to take the rest home! Honestly, I just loved that this food was so hearty and uncomplicated - you could tell that the ingredients were good quality and the staff even made sure that everything was perfect right down to the final garnish and presentation. Perfect for Instagram...if you're into that kind of thing ;)




Speaking of Instagram, let me tell you about the decor of The Brooklyn Social - every corner is literally the perfect backdrop for a cool aesthetically pleasing insta shot. Just look at some of the snapshots that I've included in this post that we managed to get while we were there.
Even if you're not bothered about the Insta life it's still nice spending time in a place with weird and wonderful decor that transports you out of Derby and somewhere, well, just a little bit cooler haha.



 If I haven't already sold you on this great place, I have one last thing to mention...there's a photo booth! Need I say more?!

But honestly, I really do love The Brooklyn Social. The staff are incredibly friendly and easy to have a chat with, the food and drinks are amazing and the vibes are just all around fab. If you're ever in Derby and want a different, yet reliable place to hang, orrr you're in need of some delicious vegan/veggie goodness, then definitely go and check it out - you won't regret it :)

- S xo















Comments

Popular Posts