3 Ingredient Snack | Banana flapjacks




I have a confession to make. Even though I graduated university in 2017, I still have a bit of a student brain when it comes to food...in other words, I'm lazy. I'll either buy lots of ingredients to make meals and not end up using them all, or I'll buy nothing and then survive off of toast and noodles for a few weeks - I just can't seem to find a good balance.

These banana flapjacks are perfect for when you either don't have a whole lot of ingredients in the house or you do but they're nearing their expiration dates. Without fail I will always have oats, honey and bananas in my cupboard and thankfully, that's all that these tasy little treats require! They are also a perfect way to use up ripe/overripe bananas!


Ingredients:

  • 2 ripe bananas
  • 150 grams oats
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • Optional: chocolate for a bit of added sweetness
Method:
  1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees C.
  2. Line and grease a baking tin approx 15-25cm.
  3. Mash up your bananas in a bowl.
  4. Add your oats and honey to the banana and mix well.
  5. Spoon the mixture into the baking tin and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the top is slightly golden brown.
  6. Once cooled, cut the flapjacks up, add a little drizzle of melted chocolate if you want and then enjoy! They can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.
I do have to say, these flapjacks aren't overly sweet so that's why I like them with some chocolate. But of course if you wanna keep them healthy then you can leave them plain. They are also really delicious with added ingredients like dried cranberries, dates, nuts or coconut. 

- S xo

Comments

Popular Posts